4 Easy Steps to a Fast, Simple and Cheap Virginia Uncontested Divorce
1. Regardless of where you or your spouse lives, the divorce is filed in Norfolk Virginia Circuit Court.
2. Spouse must sign divorce waiver(s). Waiver(s) are sent to spouse by email, fax or regular mail.
3. You and a witness (someone who is familiar with the marriage/separation) fill out a 5 minute online divorce affidavit
4. The law firm forwards all necessary divorce documents to the court for a judge to review and sign off on the divorce
Start now, by filling out the 5 minute
Once you fill out the intake form, an attorney will contact you to go over your answers and then email you a representation agreement and link to make payment online
I and my spouse don’t live in a city that is near to Norfolk Virginia, can your law firm still handle my divorce?
Yes, Virginia Code of 1950, as amended, Section 8.01-261 states that an uncontested divorce can be filed in any city regardless of where you or your spouse live as long as both parties are in agreement.
How long does the divorce process take?
The law firm has concluded clients’ divorces in as little as 3 weeks. The average range is between 3 to 5 weeks assuming your spouse signs the divorce waiver immediately upon receiving it and that you fill out and return divorce affidavits immediately.
Where is your office located?
There are 3 office locations. Hampton, Norfolk and Suffolk Virginia. Attorney John Naumovski established his own law firm in 2006 and he has handled hundreds of uncontested divorces since then.
Any additional attorney fees or costs besides the $400 Attorney Fees and $86 court filing cost?
The above fee is for those who are simply looking for a quick and easy Virginia Uncontested Divorce where your spouse MUST sign a waiver(s) and be cooperative.
If you have joint debts, alimony, personal or real property, minor children that you want to involve in the divorce or anything else, then a separation agreement will be prepared to cover those matters and which is an additional attorney fee.. The law firm will provide you a firm quote once you fill out the divorce intake form.
I need a separation agreement, can your law firm prepare one?
Yes. Separation agreements are an additional attorney fee and depend on how complex the separation agreement will be. A lawyer can provide you with a firm quote on a separation agreement once you fill out the online divorce intake form.
Do you charge for a name change?
Yes, name change requires additional work and is $49 attorney fees + $21 court cost for name change. Total of $70
Will I, my witness or my spouse have to come to court to conclude the divorce?
As long as your spouse signs a divorce waiver(s) and does not contest the divorce, then NO, no one has to make a court appearance.
I live outside of Virginia, but my spouse lives in Virginia, can you handle my divorce?
Yes, as long as one of the parties have lived in Virginia for at least 6 months, then a divorce can be filed in Virginia. The law firm will accept out of state clients as long as the divorce is uncontested and a spouse signs a divorce waiver.
I don’t think my spouse will sign a divorce waiver(s). Can I still hire your firm to handle my divorce?
Sorry, the law firm is only taking uncontested divorces were the spouse signs a divorce waiver(s)
What if my spouse decides not to sign a divorce waiver(s) or decides to contest the divorce?
No waiver. No divorce.
If you like to proceed with other ways of seeking a divorce, then you will need to seek other legal counsel to conclude your divorce. If your divorce were to become contested, you will need to retain legal counsel that handles contested divorces.
The law firm only handles divorces where a spouse signs a divorce waiver(s). You will have to seek other legal counsel if you like to go forward with a divorce any other way (e.g. by service, contesting the divorce, etc.).
I have already started a divorce, can I hire a Virginia divorce lawyer in your firm to conclude it?
Sorry, if you currently have a Virginia or out of state divorce already filed, then the law firm’s divorce attorney will not accept your case. Only clients who have not already filed a Virginia divorce will be accepted.
Note for Those who Already Have a Separation Agreement:
- If you already have a separation agreement, then an additional attorney fee of $35 applies. Please click here to read why the law firm charges this fee.
- If you like the law firm to review your separation agreement or provide a legal opinion/ advice regarding your separation agreement, then there is an additional $150 attorney fee for each 30 minutes
- If your separation agreement covers child custody or support, health insurance for a minor child, alimony, division of retirement, or health insurance for a spouse, then additional attorney fees may apply
Do you Offer a Free Initial Consultation?
A free initial phone consultation is offered once an online divorce intake form is filled out.